Skip to main content

BLOG Review - Max Factor Smooth Effect Foundation

I was requested by some of my lovely UK Subscribers on my YouTube channel to do a blog review on this foundation. So I have used it for a few days now and have my results.

What Max Factor claims:
For a luminous and vivid look that really makes an impact, a sheer and smooth complexion is a must. Smooth Effect Foundation gives you a smooth base and an ideal canvas for the boldest and brightest colours. Designed to work seamlessly with the Max Colour Effects Collection, Smooth Effect Foundation lets you max out your color and make a lasting statement.

What I have found:
It comes in a plastic squeeze tube, so it is easy to control the amount of foundation coming out and is a more hygiene method, better then those pour glass bottle like from the Revlon Colorstay foundation range.
Yes this foundation has an luminous finish too it and a barely there look, so it does come off looking very natural, in daylight and in artificial lighting it looks great, but it only lasts looking like that for a few hours max.
I have an oily T-Zone and dry cheeks, and this foundation went oily in both area's even tho it claims to be oil free and Suitable for sensitive skin, which made me wonder what made it go funny looking within 4 hours of wear, I will point out that I had no prime underneath it the first time I wore it.
The next few days after that I wore it with a foundation primer underneath, and that stop't it from going super oily on the cheeks for a good 5/6 hours so with that I was now happy, but the T- Zone was still a disaster zone looking more oily within 2 hours, with the primer underneath this foundation.
END RESULTS:
So my conclusion is that if you have Very oily to Oily skin in general only try this with CAUTION, this does make you go oily and did in the end giving me a few mini breakouts.
If you have Combo/ Dry Skin this could be answer, it does look nice on the skin and if you like the "no makeup" foundation look then this is an option for you to try.
MY RATING - 2.5/5

I have Shade 45 Creamy Ivory  (this is the Lightest Shade)
In the UK prices are from 6 - 9 British Pounds
In Europe prices are from 9 -12 Euros




Till next time
Erica
xoxox

PS. If you have any questions please feel free to leave one in the comments box bellow, Thanks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOG REVIEW: Schwarzkopf Perfect Mousse Hair Color

REVIEW - Sleek iDivine Eyeshadow Palette's & Primer Palette

WHAT'S IN? | My Travel Makeup \ Beauty Bag 2015