Skip to main content

BLOG LOOK TUTORIAL - Soft Evening Smokey Eye Makeup

Hello Everyone, 
So I thought I would add a new blog post idea of doing a look of the day/ mini tutorial in one. So the first look is going to be a Soft Evening Smokey Eye, most people like a smokey eye. But very dark colors is not for everyone, so I took the classic beauty of a smokey eye & made it more softer in appearance.
So lets getting smokin'


For the face I applied the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base primer, grab a little and dot over the face and blend out with your fingers, let the face rest for a minute.
Next is foundation, I used the Estee Lauder Double Wear, this is a build-able foundation leaves a matte finish on the face & lasts a long time, very long wearing. 
So pour out the amount you usual use and dot the foundation over your face and using a classic foundation brush, stippling brush or my personal favorite, the Sigma Flat Top Kabuki F80 brush blend the foundation over the face starting at the middle blending outwards & down into the neck, for the foundation to look seamless make sure to blend out all harsh edges.
For concealer if you need it apply that to any blemishes, discoloration or redness. 
I used for this look Maybelline Fit Me concealer under my eyes, placed dots & blended it out under the eye & any left over concealer over the eye lid. For my acne spots I used e.l.f. All Over cover Stick and using a Sigma F70 brush placed a little & blended the concealer over the Acne blemish, to cover it.
To set the Primer, Foundation & Concealer we've applied, I used a little bit of the NARS Loose Powder on a Large fluffy Brush the Sigma F30 & sweep it over the face concentrating mostly on the T-zone area.
Next Contour and added blush to face, this will add life in to the makeup and make you look health & polished. I used the e.l.f Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder, using a Sigma F05 brush I used the contouring bronzer shade and blended this just under the apple of the cheeks, a little on the temples & any left over under the chin area.
The blush I applied to the apple of my cheeks sweeping upwards to the hair line, with a Sigma F55 brush, please be sure the blend everything well to avoid it looking cakey or to thickly applied.


For the eyes I stated with applying a eye primer I used the NYX HD Primer all over the eye lid up to the eye brow. 
The eye lid color I applied with a Sigma E55 brush was MAC's Ricepaper, this I swept all over the eye lid area.
The crease color I applied with a Sigma E35 brush was MAC's Knight Divine, just blend this in the crease area, but concentrate most of the color on the outta part of the eye/crease area. For the brow bone color I just used MAC's Ricepaper using the same brush as I did for the eye lid.
To give the eyes that smokey "effect" I used MAC's Carbon eyeshadow using the Sigma E30 brush blending carbon in the outta V shape on the eyes and bringing the carbon under the eye close to the lash line.
Darken the eyes out by applying liquid liner to the top lash line, I used Maybelline's Line Stiletto in Blackest Black drawing a taping line, thin at the inner corner, thicker on the outta edge. On the water apply a black pencil liner, I used MAC's kohl pencil in Smolder.
Apply 3 coats of you favorite mascara, I just used L'Oreal Lash Architect False Lash Effect Mascara in Midnight Black & this is super black mascara too. Make sure to define your brows too, if needed.


Lastly for lips I applied Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Born with it, this is a soft natural pink shade that's very pretty and is gentle enough to make the smokey eye look flattering & not wash the look out, like nude lips can do sometimes.
Just a touch of clear gloss to top it off, I used the Maybelline Shiny.licious in clearly in Love, this is very glossy Lipgloss, so don't apply to much.
And there you have the gentle evening smokey eye that's perfect to look polished and perfected for a evening out, I do wear this look a lot & it's flattering on most people too.




Till next time
Erica
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOG REVIEW: Schwarzkopf Perfect Mousse Hair Color

REVIEW - Sleek iDivine Eyeshadow Palette's & Primer Palette

WHAT'S IN? | My Travel Makeup \ Beauty Bag 2015