Skip to main content

1ST IMPRESSIONS - L'Oreal Matte Morphose Souffle Foundation

Hello Everyone, 
I tweeted 3 days ago about buying a new foundation the L'Oreal Matte Morphose Souffle Foundation. I have used it the last few days & wanted to share my 1st impressions of this foundation. Just for reference I have Combination Skin Oily T-Zone & Dry cheeks & it is acne prone skin too.




I brought this at Target, for 2 reasons I have wanted to try it for a while now & my Drugstore has not all the shades & also Target at the time was having 30% off L'Oreal face Products. So I picked this up in the shade 110 Rosy Ivory, this has a neutral beige undertone too it, not too yellow or too pink. I thought this was the best match for my skin tone which is a NW15 / NW20 in MAC Shades. 
The product it's self is a "Souffle" mousse foundation, it's very light to touch has a slight spongy texture about it. I've only used the Sigma Stippling brush to apply it so far & this does a great job I will try other brushes & methods as I use this thought the coming weeks. 


Swatch                              Blended 
My 1ST impression when applying this was WOW, it blends super easy & covers like almost a air brush effect on the skin. The foundation is a fairly good color match for my skin is well. This is not a very matte looking foundation either it does have a glow about it so I would call it more a Semi-matte finish then complete "Flat" matte looking.
In the few days I have worn this it has not broken me out in any Acne.....YET. But I'll see how it goes in the" kind to my skin" department as I continue the use.
Now this is a silicone based foundation too so you could skip the primer all together, I have yet to try it with a primer myself as I want to see it's longevity & coverage without a foundation primers help. The times that I have worn it, it has lasted a good while on my skin a good 7-8 hours, but has made my T-Zone a little greasy looking hoping a primer will fix/help this issue.


Before the L'Oreal Foundation      &      After the L'Oreal Foundation  

I will continue to use it over the holiday break & see different ways to apply it, adding primers, different finishing powders ETC, to see how this works out. I personally like it so far & I will be doing a FULL video Review in  2012 on this Foundation from L'Oreal, so look out for that. :)


Cost - $11.29 GBP, $14.99 US, $34.95 AUD


If you have used it or have been interested in it, Let me know? 


Till next time
Erica
xoxoxoxoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOG REVIEW: Schwarzkopf Perfect Mousse Hair Color

REVIEW - Sleek iDivine Eyeshadow Palette's & Primer Palette

WHAT'S IN? | My Travel Makeup \ Beauty Bag 2015