Skip to main content

BLOG REVIEW: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter

Hello Everyone, 

A few weeks back I was sent 2 of the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter's by a dear friend. That was the first time these Lip products came to my attention, I had already had a few of the other lip products available in this range like the Revlon Colorburst Lipsticks & Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss, which I really like.


So I received the colors 025 Peach Parfait & 090 Sweet Tart. I used these for a full week, and at the time I had cracked lips, thanks completely to the season changing. So I applied the peach one 1st and this give a real Lip balm feeling to the lips with a good amount of color for a balm/lipstick. 
The next day I wore Sweet Tart which is really pink in the tube & that transcendent on my lips like that too, AMAZING hot pink lips with the comfort  and feel of a balm.



Being the shopaholic I am, I brought a few more over the coming weeks that followed after receiving my first 2. I ended up buying 3 more in the shades 040 Red Velvet (deep red), 055 Cupcake (baby Pink) & 095 Creme Burlee (Nude).


WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
A full bodied color lip color with out the weight of a lipstick, also conditioning feel and balm like "action" on the lips. 
These Lip butter's are very pigmented in color which I was surprised about, I was not expecting that from these. Now I will say that not all of them are equally pigmented but the darker or brighter the color the bolder the color will be, the lighter colors are more a sheer to light tint but still nice on the lips never the less. Some of these have a lovely gloss finish to them is well which looks kinda like a 2 in 1 lipstick color & gloss
I wore these on cracked lips and had no problems, these were soothing and made the lips look healthy, which has meant I've worn them a lot. :)



TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY?!
If you hate lipsticks or there just not your thing then I would recommend these, there color and feel on the lips is very nice. And with so many colors to choose from. There's a color to fit any style! I personally find the darker shades the nicest as these have that really nice gloss finish to them and color true color to what you see in the tube. 


So YES I would say to buying these is a great idea even if you just have a few shades like me, these in Summer are a great idea as it's not heavy like a Lipstick & glossy with out the sticky mess. Easy to carry in your handbag too for touch up's though out the day.


COST
UK $ 7.00 - 9.00
US $ 7.50 - 8.50
AUS $ 21.00 - 22.50


What do you think Of these Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter?! :-)


Till next time
Erica
xoxoxo

Comments

  1. they sound great, I hate when you get lipstick with no pigment. Is the nude one of the sheer ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the nude one Creme Burlee is one of the sheer ones but has a lovely glossy balm finish, it's very much a carmel nude looking shade and wears beautifully with a nude or smokey eye look.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BLOG REVIEW: Schwarzkopf Perfect Mousse Hair Color

REVIEW - Sleek iDivine Eyeshadow Palette's & Primer Palette

WHAT'S IN? | My Travel Makeup \ Beauty Bag 2015