Skip to main content

BLOG Review: Lorac Real Life to Red Carpet Pro Face Tutorial Kit

Hello Everyone,
Long time no see for the last week, I'm really sorry about that but I'm back and ready to go!
So in today's blog post I'm going to be sharing my thoughts on the PRO Face Tutorial Makeup Kit by Lorac. Anyone who has followed me for a while be it here on my Blog or on my Youtube channel you'd know I love Lorac Makeup, the PRO Palette is one of my ultimate favorites and a few weeks back I brought and fell in love with the Lorac PRO To Go Palette, which is perfect for my travelling \ work days etc.

So this Kit you can find at Ulta and online at Amazon, mine came from Ulta. It retails for $42 US Dollars and because it's a value kit your saving a great amount of money, as it's true value is $140. That's close to $100 off which is amazing value. So what so you get?!


This Kit includes 5 Items which 4 of them are full size!
POREfection Mattifying Face Primer - Travel Size 24.1 ml
Lorac PRO Mini Palette - 3 Shades 5.1g
Lorac PRO Mascara in Black - Lengthening & Thickening 15g
Lorac PRO Powder Cheek Stain in Rosy Glow 3.5g
Lorac lip Lustre Gloss in Peach Lustre 3.1g

So Lets look at the PRO'S & CON'S from each product in this Kit. Starting with the POREfection Mattifying Face Primer
PROS - Velvet soft feeling skin and appearance
Easy to blend over the skin and fills in pores nicely
Free of nasty parabens, fragrance and oils
Makes any foundation easier to blend out on the skin and gives the face a more "air-brushed" look.
CONS - Did not control my oily T-Zone for more than 4 hours
Separation of the foundation in my T-Zone after 7 hours, with this underneath.
OVERALL 7 \ 10

Next we have the Eyeshadow Trio, this contains 3 Shades 1st and the lightest shade is
Beige - This is a Pearlescent Nude \ Champagne, color is great for highlighting the inner corner of your eye or the brow bone.
Light Brown - A soft Carmel color  that is very much like Soft Brown from MAC, it's great color for all over the lid, using as an transition shade in the crease or if your deeper in skin tone in the brow bone too.
Espresso - A warm dark chocolate brown shade, that when applied to the eyes looks much deeper that it dose in the palette. Use this for smokey eyes or as eyeshadow liner to frame your eyes.

These 3 eyeshdaow's are perfect quality!
PROS - There buttery smooth
Soft and easy to blend out
Great Pigmentation
No irritation and Lasts all day
(Best used with an eye primer if your eyelids are oily)      
CONS - Nothing
OVERALL 10 \ 10


Next up the Mascara, personally not one of my favorite mascaras I've ever used but it's okay.
PROS - Very Black Mascara
Dose give nice length
No Flaking or Smudging
CONS - Gives the "Crunchy Lash" feeling
Not very thickening
Hard to remove
Dose go Clumpy at the 2nd Coat
Brush is to big (for me personally, too hard to work with)
OVERALL 5.5 \ 10
 
Lastly we have the Blush and Lip Gloss, lets start with the Blush, this is a beautiful Rose Pink shade with slight Mauve undertone. very unique and very pretty in the pan and on the face!
PROS - Last all Day
Looks VERY Natural on the skin
Not Powdery
Great for every skintone and type
Very Pigmented
CONS - Nothing!
OVERALL 10 \ 10

Next and last we have the Lip Gloss in a very pretty Peach shade (called Peach Lustre) this is perfect for me as I love peach anything in makeup!
PROS - A beautiful nude Peach color for everyday or paired with a Smoky Eye
Applies easy
Not overly sticky
CONS - Have to reapply to often thought the day
Feels "heavy" on the lips
Not a fan of the Brush applicator, would have preferred a Doe foot applicator
OVERALL 6 \ 10

Here's the Look I created with the Pro Face Tutorial Makeup Kit:



Overall I really do like this kit the standouts where the Eyeshadow Trio and the Powder Blush Stain, these 2 are amazing and I will continue to use a lot. I like the Primer and will continue to use and see after I've used it up if it's with buying full size. The mascara I'll use up but won't be repurchasing on it's own and the lip gloss is a total miss for me, really beautiful color but it just feels to strange on the lips. I'm not a fan of "feeling" my makeup on my face, eyes or in this case lips!
KIT OVERALL 8 \ 10

Thank you for reading and till my next post,
Hugs Erica
Xx
Alwayscosmeticjunkie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOG REVIEW: Schwarzkopf Perfect Mousse Hair Color

REVIEW - Sleek iDivine Eyeshadow Palette's & Primer Palette

WHAT'S IN? | My Travel Makeup \ Beauty Bag 2015